HIGHWAYS: I-75 and I-675
CLOSEST CITY: Saginaw
START DATE: Friday, Nov. 15, 2013
ESTIMATED END DATE: Saturday, Nov. 30, 2013
Firearm deer hunters heading up north this season are reminded that northbound I-75 remains detoured to northbound I-675 in Saginaw County, with two lanes open. Traffic delays are expected and motorists are advised to allow extra time. Southbound I-75 motorists will have three lanes open in that area.
Overall, MDOT is reconstructing 4 miles of I-75, as well as replacing bearing pads on the Zilwaukee Bridge, in Saginaw County, during the 2013 construction season.
There also is ongoing construction on the southbound I-675 ramp to southbound I-75. This work requires traffic shifts in both directions on I-75. MDOT expects the work to be completed by late November.
MDOT also is reminding drivers and hunters to play it safe on the roads during firearm deer season. Deer are on the run this time of year, particularly between the hours of sunset and sunrise. Drivers should watch for hunters who may be walking along the side of the road.
Choosing an alternate route may require driving additional miles, but could save you time overall by avoiding expected delays on I-75. Motorists heading up north from the Metro Detroit and Flint areas should consider taking one of the following routes:
- To areas north of Grayling: Take westbound I-69 to northbound US-127, then northbound I-75. Additional distance traveled: approximately 50 miles.
- To areas south of Grayling: Take eastbound I-69 to northbound M-15, then westbound M-25 to northbound I-75. Additional distance traveled: approximately10 miles.
- Southbound I-75 is shifted with all lanes open.
- Northbound I-75 remains shifted with traffic detoured to northbound I-675.
- Southbound I-675 remains closed just south of M-13/Jefferson Avenue (Exit 2) to accommodate ramp work. Exit 2 to downtown Saginaw remains open.
- Southbound I-675 commercial vehicle traffic is detoured via northbound M-13, eastbound M-81, southbound Towerline Road, and westbound M-46. Passenger traffic is rerouted to southbound M-13, then eastbound M-46.
- The M-81 ramps to I-75 are closed with traffic rerouted east to Towerline Road, then south to westbound M-46. The southbound I-75 ramp to M-81 remains open.
- The M-13 ramps to I-75 remain closed. Commercial vehicles are detoured via southbound M-13, eastbound M-81, southbound Towerline Road, and westbound M-46. Passenger traffic is rerouted to southbound M-13, then to eastbound M-46.
- The southbound I-675 on ramps at M-58 (State Street), Second Street, Sixth Street, and Veterans Memorial Park remain closed.
- The existing detours will remain in effect at Adams Street.